What Types of Damages Are Covered in a Car Accident Claim?

What Types of Damages Are Covered in a Car Accident Claim?

California is known for having dangerous roads and a lot of distracted drivers. If you ever find yourself driving through California Highways, make sure to pay attention to the speed limit, other drivers’ behavior and the road ahead of you. Don’t let yourself get distracted by the heat or the smooth road which may tempt you to push that pedal to the metal. Keep your cell phone out of reach, and don’t you even think about drinking and driving.

However, once an accident happens, what do you do next? How do you know what damages are covered once you decide to file a claim? To help you understand, we asked experienced Car Accident Attorneys. Here is what they had to say.

Medical Coverage

All the injuries you received from the accident have to be treated immediately. Some may require even greater treatment, additional therapy or even surgery. Hospitals are notorious for being too expensive, and without proper health insurance, this may cost a small fortune.

However, if you are a victim and not the one responsible for causing the accident, you will receive fully paid medical coverage by the responsible party’s insurance company. This will cover the following:

  • Costs of your treatments
  • Costs of all medications and drugs prescribed
  • Hospital Stays
  • Ambulance fees
  • Prosthetic devices (if needed)
  • Medical Appointments and treatments
  • Costs of rehabilitation
  • Costs of in-home service (if needed)
  • In the case of brain injury, the costs of cognitive therapy

To find out your case’s true value and the amount you should receive for your medical costs, speak with a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney today, and he will get a medical expert to fully examine and evaluate you.

Pain and Suffering

Depending on the nature of the injury and its consequences, you may receive a substantial value for the pain and suffering you experienced after the accident. This falls under the category of “noneconomic damages”, and to be able to receive them fully, you are going to need help from a professional and experienced lawyer. Give him a call today so that we may aid you in recovering what is legally owed to you.

Income Loss

Have you missed work and/or are unable to go back to work and continue working? Don’t worry, as you will receive full compensation for everything you have lost so far and everything that you may lose in the future until fully recovered. It will be calculated based on the average weekly income that you used to receive while still working.

Loss of Consortium

If your injury is preventing you from having a normal life and normal relationship, your spouse may receive compensation for the loss of consortium. This claim is usually filed by the spouse; if you as a victim end up receiving your compensation, the spouse will receive her compensation. The two are connected, and if you fail to receive yours, the spouse won’t be able to receive any compensation for the loss of consortium.