Many people prefer riding a bicycle instead of driving a car. It is a healthier alternative that is both as efficient and cheaper than driving. However, accidents occur every day and in this case, the accident could be fatal.
Since there is little to no protection from the impact, the bicyclists usually end up dead or with serious injuries. If you are a bicyclist who was involved in an accident recently, you may want to consult with Philadelphia bike accident lawyers and see if you are eligible to file a claim against the party responsible for causing the accident. In case you are eligible, attorneys will help you file a claim.
Here is how you can prove that it was the other party’s fault that caused the accident
In order to lay the foundation for a successful claim, you have to be able to present strong supporting evidence. In the majority of cases following an accident, the injured bicyclist will not be able to collect any evidence and will wake up in the hospital or in the ambulance to the hospital. However, in those moments, it is important to do the following:
- Call your attorney – even if you are not able to do it, your attorney can come to the scene and collect evidence on your behalf. This includes photos, personal details, eyewitness statements, and other important evidence
- Calling your insurance company – in some cases, your insurance company could send someone to collect evidence in order to protect their interests.
- Calling your loved ones – even your loved ones could go to the scene and snap a few photos that your attorney could later use.
Every piece of information that you can obtain could change the outcome of your case and be the difference between getting the compensation for your damages and ending up empty-handed. Be sure to act immediately.
Once you get in touch with your attorney, they will start the investigation process in order to determine who was at fault and who caused the accident. Most attorneys will usually hire a few other professionals that will help with the following:
- Recreating the scene and the events leading to the accident
- Collecting evidence
- Analyzing the accident and reports (both the police and the medical report)
- Damage calculation
Once the accident has been recreated and all details based on evidence provided have been examined, your attorney will be able to determine if it was the other party’s negligent actions that caused the accident. And when they do, they will help you file a claim and help you secure and obtain compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
Be sure to give bike accident attorneys in Philadelphia a call today; call Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. and schedule a free initial consultation with available attorneys. They will start working on your case right away, while you take some time off to focus on your recovery. Let them deal with your legal problems. Do not hesitate to get in touch!